Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Kite Runner

It's funny that this is next post after my Wee Hours post. Appropriate I guess. I just finished "The Kite Runner" last night. What an incredibly powerful book. I came away with two main thoughts, first do the right thing. At one time or another each of us have had the chance to do the right thing and haven't. It may have been a small thing or life shattering, but regardless I am sure each of us can pin point experiencing this at least once or twenty times. No matter how painful doing the right thing may be, in the long run, it may be less painful and definitely more satisfying than not doing it out of fear, selfishness or some other reason.

The other thought is, and this is what connects with my previous post, that no matter how bad things may seem, WOW, most of us in middle class America have no clue when it comes living a difficult life. Obviously, this isn't a new thought for me, but the book really gets my head straight when thinking about things in my own life that cause me stress, misery, etc. Get a grip, we've got it good. Doesn't mean I don't need to continue to strive for something better, because I always will. But it does mean I need to realize how great life is for me and my family.

Anyway, if you haven't read "The Kite Runner", I highly recommend it.

No comments: