Saturday, June 24, 2006

Time at the Beach

Our second vacation this year was at the beach. Ocean City to be exact. I've become a bit of a vacation snob over the past decade but it's interesting how Ocean City is changing. I have to admit that the strip of land sitting between the bay and the ocean is quite nice. I think it can stand up to to some of the other wonderful beaches we have been to. But what is it that has made me disregard it as the ticky tacky vacation? Is it that this was the main vacation spot of my childhood, so been there, done that? Is it the Maryland clientele or the ten billion t shirt shops? Not sure, but what I can tell you is that the face of O.C. MD is changing. Condos are going up Everywhere. We rode the boardwalk train behind a family that was obiviously new to coming to the OC destination. How come it has taken the wealthier side of the world so long to discover this great patch of land on the sea? I have to say in some ways I really welcome this change, but on the other hand how affordable will it be after it goes upscale? Anyway we had a great time, didn't buy any t-shirts though.


This year we spent a day with my folks at the beach. Gigi really enjoyed seeing them. Here she is helping find a place to eat dinner. Below she is dancing "Saturday night Fever" style with my mom.


She also had a lot of fun with my dad. Which is nice because she has been a bit standoffish with him every since he pulled out his false tooth and showed it to her.

Posted by Picasa

Other than that we enjoyed the basics that OC has to offer the boardwalk, the beach and of course...the rides.


Posted by Picasa


Our accommodations were a rented condo. This worked out very well for us. I love the new high end hotels going up and have spent quite a bit on rooms at OC Suites, but the condo that we rented was very comfortable and had great view. If you are interested in renting it you can contact the owners.



Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa


This the view from the master bedroom. It is really weird because I get this incredible sense of Deja Vou here. All the way down to the chase sitting next to the window. I looked when I got back to see if there was a picture that depicted this vision but haven't found one.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: