Sunday, July 03, 2005

Clutter

Dealing with clutter is a crazy battle, that is unless of course you are the type who never lets anything get out of place and can ruthlessly throw out anything not needed TODAY. I am currently waging a major war against clutter but I think I am losing. I watch the shows where people's homes are out of control and think how did they get there? I know that won't happen to us but still, while I am clearing out and throwing out and donating stuff, I find myself coming home with bags of new stuff. I argue - this is stuff I need. I think. It seems important enough at the time. Today we went to Ikea and bought a floor lamp, a ceiling light, a new set of dishes and few toys for Gigi. The lights we need, they are replacements for lights that have died. Although the old lights are still here in our house, adding to the clutter. The dishes, ok they are not needed, but I am SO sick of my old dishes that we have had for 8 years now and are very, very 90's. They are cute, cool mix and match patterns. I am trading them in for nice white plates. Who would have guessed Ms. Punk Rock Princess would go out and seek white dishes. We all surprise ourselves. Anyway will I be able to part with the old ones or will I hold onto them for the next 5 to 10 years? I am already thinking of a spot in a newly cleared space to store them "just in case" we need them. Am I crazy?

No comments: